Tuesday, March 9, 2010

008 NIEMESIL: Regina, Gottfrid och Solveig


This picture was probably taken in the summer of 1939 in Ingrid Nilsson's garden in Niemesil. My mother, Solveig Larsson is sitting on my grandfather Gottfrid Larsson's leg. He is wearing a black bow-tie. To the immediate left is my great grandmother Regina Larsson. I believe that the other ladies were of the Nilsson family that owned this home next to the old school house.
-
My mother, Solveig, grew up in this small northern town which is close to the coastal city named LuleƄ (pronounced LU-LEE-O). LuleƄ is about a half hour away by car.
-
When I travelled to Sweden in 1979, I went hiking with Solveig, Iris Rothqvist and her partner Kjell and we hiked up to the top of the Snipen. It was the highest spot in Niemesil. I was 18 at that time and I missed out on an opportunity to see the house my mother grew up in there in Niemesil.
-
I am amazed to see how tan my granfather was.
-
Ingrid's father, Ake lived in the U.S. for 7 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment